Proper maintenance can help you ensure that your pressure washer will last for a long time. This will not only improve the performance of your pressure washer, but also extend the life of its parts. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when it comes to the maintenance of your pressure washer.
- Check the spray wand and nozzles to ensure that they are not blocked as it will force the pump to work harder and you will use more cleaning solution than needed. It will also change the direction of the cleaning solution.
- Make sure that the O-rings and screens are always clean. You may need to get them cleaned by a professional, but this will make sure that no debris will ruin its functioning. If you don’t clean the O-rings and screens, the hoses will become clogged. Remember that the O-rings are responsible for securing all the connections and preventing the hoses from leaking.
- Check the fuel and oil. Don’t use the pressure washer when it is low on fuel and oil as it can affect the long-term performance of the machine. Change the initial fill after fifty hours of usage and change oil every 500 hours or every three to five months. Refill oil and fuel with the manufacturer’s recommended options. Read your manual to see what brand or grade you should use and to know how you can refill the oil and fuel.
- Check for leaks in your plumbing and house as this will damage engine power. Low pressure is a common symptom of this problem. Make sure that the cleaner gun springs back properly. You may need to replace it if it doesn’t spring back.
- Your pressure washer should undergo routine engine tune-ups. You can do it on your own using a tune-up kit or hire a professional to do the job for you. If the owner’s manual has a recommended tune-up kit, you should use it.
- The tires should be inflated properly. The owner’s manual will give you the required PSI recommendation. The tires usually need to be inflated between 15 PSI and 25 PSI.
- The spark plugs should be kept clean. Failure to remove dirt will impair the ability of the pressure washer to operate.
Proper pressure washer maintenance can help you minimize any possible problems that may arise. Before trying to fix your pressure washer, read the manufacturer guidelines first to better understand the problem. Take the right preventative maintenance steps is particularly important during winter as temperatures are close to freezing. Don’t hesitate to call a licensed repair maintenance professional if you not sure about the problem. Also feel free to check out our homepage, where we review the best pressure washers.